Human Subject Protection Certification
Who is required to take CITI Human Subject Protection training?
- All principal investigators
- Anyone involved in the design, conduct, or reporting of the research, or having significant interaction with subjects including personnel obtaining informed consent listed on the St. John or Providence Institutional Review Board (IRB) application.
When Do You Need to Complete CITI Training?
- If you have not received CITI human subject protection certification from another institution, you must complete CITI training before you submit your research study to the St. John or Providence IRB.
How Long Does CITI Training Take?
- Ascension Health requires the following:
- Each module may take 10‐30 minutes to complete. You do not have to complete all modules in one sitting. You can save as you go and sign back in to complete other modules as you have time.
How To Get Started
The next steps are numbered 1‐7. These steps will collect information to register your account and place you in the correct course based on your institutional settings.
While not required, CITI encourages entering a secondary email address. It will assist in the recovery of your account if you forget your username or password and no longer have access to your primary email address.
During this step you will also select and answer a security question. This question will be used to assist in the recovery of your account if you have forgotten your username or password. Please select a question that is applicable to you and you can comfortably answer for the tech support team.
Enter demographic information. All information provided is voluntary. Use the blue information question marks for more information on specific categories.
Professionals seeking credit for CITI Program courses can make their selection for Continuing Education credits during Step 5.
Your learner account registration is now complete. You will receive an account validation email to the address provided in Step 3.
After validating your account through your email address you will be able to access the Main Menu of your account.